Bay Area Crisis Nursery
The Bay Area Crisis Nursery's (BACN) mission is to help prevent child abuse and neglect by providing supportive services to families. BACN supports families with children from birth through 5 years of age and is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The families they serve are living in poverty, homeless, escaping domestic violence, dealing with medical and/or mental health emergencies, have suddenly lost their jobs or childcare provider, and more. The parents are brave, and BACN’s services bring them hope.
The Bay Area Crisis Nursery Provides:
- Emergency Shelter Services: Children can stay at the Nursery for up to 30 days while their parents are experiencing a crisis.
- Stress Breaks: Parents needing a break, can admit their children to the Nursery for short-term monthly visits from 1-3 days.
- Emergency Childcare Services: Parents can receive free childcare for up to 30 days in a 6-month period from 7 am - 7 pm daily.
- Parent’s Pantry: Families can visit the pantry at any time for non-perishable food, diapers, wipes, toiletries, clothing, toys, books, etc.
- Case Management: All families work with BACN staff on a Family Plan and are provided resources and referrals to help them overcome their situation.
BACN is the only crisis nursery in the Greater Bay Area. For many of their families, the Nursery is the only support system they have. You can find out more at www.bayareacrisisnursery.org