Bike To Work DayName: Bike To Work DayDate: May 9, 2019Event Description:Bike To Work Day (BTWD) is coming! Share with your employees and be sure to mark your calendars for May 9. Join us and thousands of other Bay Area commuters in biking to work.
Our BTWD information page has all the resources you'll need to get started, including:
- Locating Free Stuff: Check our map to find an Energizer Station on your route to work, so you can stop to enjoy snacks, encouragement, a free BTWD bag, and cool swag.
- Easy Routes: Use the 511CC Bike Mapper to build your ideal bike commute based on your preferences, including avoiding hills.
- Tips & Tricks: Preparation for BTWD isn't that difficult, and we'll walk you through it so you can have fun on one of the most enjoyable commuting days of the year.
- Party Time: There are Bike Happy Hours at the end of the work day on May 9. They're free, you're invited, and you'll find them (marked in yellow) on our map.
- Warm Up with Classes or Rides: You'll find everything from social rides to classes geared towards improving your confidence on the bike on our Bike Events page.
- Bike + BART: It's not cheating to use BART and your bike to get to work on BTWD. Just familiarize yourself with BART's guidelines before the big day.