PRODUCT DESIGN SALES MANAGER
|Company||E-N-G Mobile Systems, LLC||Title||Product Design Sales Manager|
|Reports to||Director of Sales and Marketing||FLSA Classification||Exempt|
|Office Location||Concord, CA||Hours of Work||8:00am – 5:00pm
Monday through Friday
E-N-G is a leading U.S. manufacturer of specialized vehicles, headquartered in Concord, CA. We are proud to be an innovative producer of a diverse line of mobile technology products since 1977. E-N-G designs, develops, and builds specialized vehicles, such as Mobile Laboratories, Wireless Support Vehicles, RF Test Platforms, Broadcast Vehicles, with highly technical applications in the fields of public health and medical, advanced technology, incident command and control, and utilities services.
E-N-G collaborates closely with each client and end-user to fully understand their intended applications and specialized needs. Our ability to take sophisticated, complex ideas and translate them into easy-to-operate, high-quality mobile systems has led to our success where we have delivered more than 1,500 specialty vehicles to customers around the world.
We are looking for a full-time, hardworking, self-motivated individual to take on the challenge of the role of Product Design Sales Manager. Work independently and collaboratively with a highly skilled Specialty Vehicle and Trailer manufacturing team to identify and acquire sales opportunities that align with the core business strategy and demonstrate the technical and manufacturing capabilities of a successful and growing manufacturer of mobile technology solutions.
For more information on E-N-G’s products and services, please visit
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales and Marketing, Communications or a related field is desirable.
- 5 or more years of successful business experience in a similar role, with experience in researching and writing complex work proposals.
- Project management experience is desirable.
- Professional attitude and strong work ethic.
- Familiarity in dealing with government agencies for the delivery of goods and services to federal, state or local agencies is a plus.
- Experience with GSA, HG-AC, BidNet and other procurement systems is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in technology products, advanced mobile technology and utilities services vehicles is highly desirable.
- Experience with automotive products, chassis and custom trailers is a plus.
- Balanced combination of strategic planning and tactical execution capabilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and willingness and ability to learn new applications and Sales, CRM, ERP solutions is required.
- Highly motivated, competitive self-starter with strong time-management and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience in representation and participation in industry-related conferences, tradeshows and events.
- Solutions-driven, positive and can-do attitude.
- Ability to manage priorities and meet objectives and deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, analytical, problem-solving and project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Must be flexible and adaptive to shifting priorities and schedule.
- Occasional travel expected including overnight stays, estimated at 25%.
- This is a full-time position based in the Concord, CA facility. Some travel to E-N-G’s manufacturing facilities for sales meetings and customer interaction will be required.
- Be an expert (SME) in the company’s products and service offerings, exhibiting technical design expertise that satisfy the complex requirements of end users and agency clients. Training on the company’s specific products will be provided when needed.
- Review and identify manufacturing opportunities that maximize the utilization of our technical, design, and manufacturing capabilities.
- Develop complex written proposals that are precise, accurate and competitive, and demonstrate our ability to manufacture products that meet and exceed the customer’s needs and quality level expectations.
- Create and process project change orders as needed.
- Provide complete and accurate project details and manage interdepartmental information flow.
- Update PipeDriveÒ on all new and existing projects in the pipeline.
- Coordinate the research on new components, instruments, and materials that are requested by clients, or which may enhance or improve production processes or completed products.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of each client’s mobile specialty vehicle needs.
- Develop new business and grow existing client business through exceptional service, relationship management and solutions delivery.
- Protect and safeguard the company’s product designs and intelligence property.
- Deliver strong, effective sales presentations to key client influencers and decision makers.
- Assist in growing the company’s market share through timely response to referrals, bid opportunities, and RFQ’s .
- Demonstrate proficiency in consultative selling process, securing client commitments for long term/sustainable growth.
- Work with a cross-functional team to develop and present complex sales proposals including product design, terms of sale, delivery schedule and timeline, etc.
- Identify industry trends, new market opportunities, and new products and services through market research, trade publications, and participation in industry shows or expositions.
- Develop data relative to marketing trends, competitive products and pricing.
- Effectively collaborate with the Sales & Marketing Director and the team as well as all departments within the company, i.e. engineering, materials acquisition, operations, finance and accounting, legal counsel, etc.
- Assist and support issue resolution with clients and prospects.
- Promote service, repair and parts departments and coordinate with customer warranty personnel.
Please respond with “Product Design Sales Manager” in the subject line.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities listed above are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
E-N-G Mobile Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity