Pacific Service Credit Union - Business Development Specialist
Position Summary: The Business Development Specialist will perform a variety of business development functions to support the goals of the department and organization. This position is responsible for helping the organization achieve its membership growth goals through hands-on business development, community event activities and business-to-business (B2B) sales. Requires a high level of energy, integrity and enthusiasm to provide membership information, promote products and services, and acquire new members. This position includes a blend of in-office and out-of-office assignments.
- Responsible for business development functions including, but not limited to identifying, developing and maintaining relationships with business partners; prospecting, networking, and data mining.
- Contact, schedule and meet with prospective business partners to present information on available credit union services.
- Schedule, organize and attend on-site visits.
- Present financial education/services presentations to promote credit union products.
- Manage business partner database and relationships.
- Attend various meetings in the community and/or trade associations to develop new business prospects and promote the credit union.
- Coordinate and attend internal and external special events.
- Manage CRM tool (Salesforce) to track daily business development activities.
- Assist in the development of business development marketing collateral and communications.
- Provides back-up to AVP, business and community development and other department personnel, as necessary.
Performs special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Minimum three years business development and/or sales experience required; knowledge of credit union industry and financial marketing highly desired.
Skills and Abilities: Proven ability to generate new business, acquire new members and enhance existing business relationships. Excellent verbal, written communication skills and interpersonal skills are required to interact professionally and effectively with staff, potential members, and business partners. Must be sales savvy and comfortable making cold calls when required. Must be a self-starter who is team oriented with a strong service philosophy. Must be able to multi-task and manage projects from
conception to completion with little supervision and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Must demonstrate excellent time management, project management and organizational skills. Proficiency in computer programs, (e.g., Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and Salesforce CRM).
Extra Credit Skills: You will bring your enthusiasm, collaborative work-style, inquisitive attitude, flexibility, creativity, focus on excellence, strong analytical skills and overall “great-to-work-with” demeanor.
Travel Required: 25 – 50% local travel required, occasional visit to Fresno branch. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Hours Required: Exempt employee with a work schedule of Monday through Friday, generally 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Hours may fluctuate moderately to accommodate business development activities.
Environmental Conditions: Work is performed both in the field and in an office. When in the office, work is performed in a cubicle on a second floor of two-story building with elevator. Subject to standard background noise found in an office environment.
Physical Job Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the person in this position to successfully perform the essential functions for the position.
Sit, Stand, Walk: While performing the duties of the job the person in this position is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment etc. The duties in this position may require travel via personal vehicle which may result in long periods of sitting.
Use of Hands/Fingers: To operate a computer, computer keyboard, mouse and other office productivity machinery, such as but not limited to; a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. The person in this position is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
Speech/Hearing: The person in this position frequently communicates via phone and in person. Must be able to talk to/hear clients and colleagues.
Lifting/Pulling/Carrying: The person in this position must occasionally lift/move up to 30 lbs.
Bending/Kneeling: The person in this position occasionally moves to retrieve items from low cabinets for use in daily work activities.