We're hiring for a Front Office Specialist in our Urology division of the practice to work primarily from the Walnut Creek location. The Front Office Specialist is the First Officer of First Impressions and is responsible for warmly greeting and checking in patients, collecting co-payments, scheduling patient appointments, answering phones in the Call Center and assisting patients with any questions or concerns and directing them to the proper department. If you have excellent communication and organizational skills and are able to multi-task under pressure of a fast-paced, high volume office while managing patient flow using our computerized electronic medical records (EMR) system than this position may be the right fit for you. You will be required to travel to our offsite locations including San Ramon and others on a weekly basis and willing to work a shift between the hours of 7:30am to 5pm.
- Checks patients in and queues them to the appropriate location; continually monitors waiting room to ensure all patients are attended to
- Collects payment for co-pays, co-insurance, account balances, and prescriptions
- Copies, scans and verifies pertinent patient insurance information; obtains authorizations from insurance companies
- Answers phones; routes calls appropriately; takes messages and delivers to proper party in a timely manner
- Checks patients out by scheduling follow up appointments, give orders requested from provider
- Manages incoming referrals
- Travels occasionally to off-site locations as needed