Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
MDRR invites applications for Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
This position is classified as an Admin position and will report to the Chief Operations Officer.
Responsible for developing, implementing, and continually improving Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery’s safety culture, including training and quality. Reducing risk and preventing incidents comply with external regulatory requirements and industry guidance to provide a safe and secure work environment and meet our customers’ expectations.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree in related Engineering/Science field required. A Master’s Degree is a plus.
• 5 - 7 years of experience in the management of EH&S teams with multi-site understanding. 3-5 years of experience within the solid waste industry is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety, and Health, or related field required. Master’s degree desirable.
• Experience with federal and state DOT regulations.
• Certification as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) is a plus.
• The ability to interact across all levels of the Company with people of diverse backgrounds, roles and experience.
• Knowledge of working in and with a unionized workforce. • Commitment to detail orientation, accuracy, organization, and time management.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Possesses a valid class “C” driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
• Experience with Fleet and/or remote workforce environment.
• Bi-lingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
To apply, please e-mail your resume or application to email@example.com with EH&S Manager as the subject line.