Visual Arts Teacher
Carondelet is an equity-focused, woman-centered, 800-student high school located in the East Bay. The school is looking for a Visual Arts teacher for the Fall of 2021. Courses to be covered could include Two Dimensional Studies and AP Art. We are seeking an individual who is interested in innovative curriculum development as it relates to making learning highly relevant in today’s world. This position is currently part-time with potential other duties that could be considered to make it a full-time.
Teachers at Carondelet are equity-focused lifelong learners with a keen interest in growing professionally in all areas. An ideal candidate is a team player who can think outside the box, is confident and capable with the use of technology in the classroom, and is familiar with using a digital learning management system. A background in innovative, collaborative teaching and learning models, authentic assessments with rubrics, and critical and creative thinking is preferred.
- Participates actively in the life of the school community in a manner that supports and promotes the mission and core values of Carondelet.
- Maintains professional standards in interaction with students, parents/guardians, and co-workers.
- A college degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
- A valid California teaching credential or a graduate degree in a related field is preferred
- The teacher should be open to collaboration with other teachers both within and outside of the department on curricular projects and school initiatives
- Experience with or openness to initiatives fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion