Math Department Chair and Teacher (Full-Time)
Carondelet is an equity-focused, woman-centered, 800-student high school located in the East Bay. The school is looking for a Full-Time Department Chair and Math teacher for the Fall of 2021. Carondelet has a unique and ambitious self-paced math program and candidates should be comfortable with all levels of high school math. We are seeking an individual who is interested in innovative curriculum development as it relates to making learning highly relevant in today’s world.
Teachers at Carondelet are equity-focused lifelong learners with a keen interest in growing professionally in all areas. An ideal candidate is a team player who can think outside the box, is confident and capable with the use of technology in the classroom, and is familiar with using a digital learning management system. A background in innovative, collaborative teaching and learning models, authentic assessments with rubrics, and critical and creative thinking is preferred.
- Participates actively in the life of the school community in a manner that supports and promotes the mission and core values of Carondelet
- Carondelet’s Academic Department Chair serves as an instructional leader for fellow faculty members and plays a key role in stewarding instruction and learning in their respective departments.
- The Academic Department Chair will be responsible for organizing the faculty in an academic subject area to oversee its development, coordinate the delivery of the curriculum using innovative, student-centered instructional practices, and identify areas of improvement.
- Department chairs work collaboratively to ensure the academic program aligns with the mission of the school.
- The Academic department chair will play a key leadership role in their department as they fulfill the role of teacher and administrator simultaneously.
- This valuable, middle-level leadership is crucial in establishing open communication between and among departments and between administration and faculty.
- Maintains professional standards in interaction with students, parents/guardians, and co-workers
- Experienced teacher with a valid credential in the subject area
- Minimum of five years of experience teaching the subject at the high school level
- Knowledge of the CDE Frameworks and Content Standards for the subject area
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally, and in writing.
- Commitment to staying current with research, reform efforts, curriculum changes, and the latest trends in educating students in this subject area.
- Ability to analyze and present assessment and other data on student achievement.