Assistant Dean of Student Life and Logistics
|Job Title: Assistant Dean of Student Life and Logistics||Department: Student Life|
|Reports To: Vice Principal of Student Life||Classification: Exempt|
|Directs Reports: N/A||Date Revised: 11/18/2019|
The Assistant Dean of Student Life and Logistics inspires excellence, responds to the needs of the time, and makes a positive difference by preparing young women to live with heart, faith and courage in the Catholic tradition. The Assistant Dean of Student Life and Logistics understands the uniqueness of each student, strives to awaken minds, and guides students in faith, hope, and growth in the spirit of the Sisters of Saint Joseph.
The Assistant Dean of Student Life and Logistics helps administer procedures related to student discipline policies, campus safety and security, coverage of events, working with the Student Life team on logistics, initiatives and programs, and is responsible for master scheduling and the transportation needs of the school.
The Assistant Dean of Student Life and Logistics is an advocate for students dealing with personal, emotional, medical and academic needs and works with the Dean of Student Life and Wellness to help foster a positive and supportive educational environment built on trust, safety of the whole child, and with a focus on CSJ mission.
The Administrative Coordinator of Student Life and Wellness yearns to make a positive difference in the lives of all Carondelet students.
Student Discipline and Campus Security
- Assists Dean of Student Life and Wellness in day-to-day campus supervision, including supervision of the I-Center and in implementing school protocols and policies.
- Coordinates traffic in the morning, during the school day, after school and at selected events, including but not limited to: Frosh BBQ/Orientation, Open House, Placement Test, Visions of Christmas, Interviews, Dances, Graduation, etc.
- Coordinate with Dean of Student Life and Wellness all aspects of school Emergency Preparedness and protocols.
- Cover Attendance Office during Attendance Officer’s lunch and absences
Student Life Logistics
- Assists the Director of Student Activities with the following major events: Orientation, Welcome Week, Sisterhood Week, Homecoming, Billion Rising, Graduation, Grad Night, Student Recognition Assemblies, Admissions events and other events as they arise
- Assists with distribution and collection of forms, permission slips, and facilities requests for campus ministry events, field trips, outside academic activities, etc.
- Participates in student life meetings related to student wellness and behaviors as needed.
- Coordinates programs on an ongoing basis such as the Green Dot Bystander Programming, alcohol and drug awareness, etc. in collaboration with the Vice Principal of Student Life and Mission and Student Life Department.
- Functions as the Director of Summer Camps, working under the Director of Community Relations in coordinating the day-to-day schedule for summer camps, including recruitment of and training for student leaders, supervising all aspects of day-to-day operations, being point of contact for parents, families, etc.
- Responsible for communication across all departments to ensure accurate and complete scheduling of events, including necessary resource allocation such as AV/Tech, facilities, equipment, and other needs.
- Plan and coordinate regular bus schedule and special event transportation programs.
- Coordinate with athletics, academics and other groups to coordinate transportation needs.
- Prepare and maintain proper recordkeeping as required.
- Coordinate and manage all required bus and van service and maintenance needs as well as bus inspections for the Carondelet bus.
- Schedule outside bus or transportation needs as required.
Additional duties as directed by the Vice Principal of Student Life/Director of Finance/Principal.
- Prefer experience in an educational setting
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution with advanced degree preferred
- Experience in managing people in complex interpersonal environments
- Proficient in balancing multiple duties and responsibilities, organizational skills and attention to detail; Adept at communicating with students, teachers, and parents on a wide variety of topics
- Proficiency in Word, spreadsheets and other computer skills is required