Full Job Description
Position Title: Property Accountant
Reports to: Controller
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process Accounts Receivable such as applying cash receipts to tenant ledgers and making bank deposits.
- Process Accounts Payable such as entering invoices, printing checks, obtaining signatures, and mailing checks.
- Post/adjust charges to tenant ledger and input all tenant status charges.
- Process tenant move-ins/ move-outs and deposit accounting.
- Print tenant statements, rent rolls and account receivable reports.
- Monitor lease renewal and lease expiration.
- Count bank laundry coins and preparing deposit slip.
- Filing paperwork.
- Perform property audit on quarterly basis.
- Compile monthly financial statements.
- Assist in special project as needed
- Research and follow-up on discrepancies.
- Monitor and reconcile vendor accounts and maintain vendor relationships.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to arrive to work on-time. M-F 8 am to 5 pm, lunch is from 12 to 1 pm.
- Quick learner, able to work independently and accurately.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and co-workers.
- Able to understand and respond to a diverse population.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Graduate
- Business School or College graduate preferred
- Min 2 years’ experience in accounting
- Professional appearance and manners.
- Accurate typist.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to question for groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Experience with Yardi preferred.
- Must be computer literate (PC, Microsoft Outlook, Internet).
- Extended knowledge of Microsoft word and excel.
- Familiar with common office equipment (copy machine, scanner, fax machine).
- Confident, positive attitude.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Ability to think clearly and logically under pressure.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. They include sitting, lifting paper, bending to open file drawers, keyboard and 10-key operation and close vision for looking at monitor and reviewing reports.
Moderate noise for business office (computer printers, telephones and people talking).
Due to the nature of the work, working remotely is not an option.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $24.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Accounting: 2 years (Preferred)
- GAAP: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Word: 1 year (Preferred)
- Yardi: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location