The Job/What You’ll Do:
We’re looking for an accounting professional with a strong background in Accounts Payable / Procure to Pay to join our Finance and Accounting team. This role will report to the Senior Accounting Manager. The Accounts Payable Manager ensures that all expenses, invoices and payments are processed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with AssetMark’s policies and procedures. The Accounts Payable Manager will be detailed and deadline-oriented, operational, and can operate in a fast-paced, complex and team-oriented environment.
- Manage and participate in the day-to-day Accounts Payable processes including reviewing invoices for proper coding and approval with an understanding of the 3-way match of purchase order, receipts, and invoices
- Manage 3 AP staff accountants
- Revamp the overall procure to pay process from purchase order initiation to disbursements for timeliness, control and customer experience
- Ensure invoices are accurately coded and have the appropriate documentation and approval
- Verify and match vendor invoices to purchase orders
- Monitor the Accounts Payable inbox daily to ensure that all invoices and other vendor communication are properly addressed
- Work with cost center managers to ensure purchase orders (POs) are created in compliance with purchasing policies and track outstanding POs
- Manage the Company’s T&E program (Concur) and maintain policies and procedures for corporate credit cards and address escalated issues
- Follow up with customers / vendors regarding payment inquiries and billing issues.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies
- Maintenance of vendor information, including W-9's, as needed for year-end 1099 issuance
- Ensure correct data entry into accounting system in a short time frame
- Oversee the preparation of payments via check, ACH and wires
- Assist with Sarbanes-Oxley and other compliance requirements
- Perform other special projects and analyses as directed by management
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience with NetSuite ERP or similar system
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills to support facilitating upkeep of department procedures, file structure and compliance of record keeping, achievement of routine and project deadlines, and effective teamwork
- Detail oriented and demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Ability to drive continuous improvement
- Strong sense of ownership and willing to tackle challenges in a continuously changing environment
Education & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience with Accounts Payable
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- People management experience
- Accounts Payable experience in a high growth company
Who We Are & What We Offer:
AssetMark’s mission is centered around helping financial advisors make a difference in the lives of their clients. To help them do that, we aim to provide advisors with holistic support. We offer compelling technology that facilitates a better client experience, consulting services that ensure advisors’ businesses are running at their best and a comprehensive suite of investment solutions. AssetMark’s platform empowers advisors to provide the highest level of service possible to their clients.
AssetMark’s culture is driven by our mission and connected by our values; Heart, Integrity, Excellence and Respect. You will join a team that lives these values every day by doing the best and what is right in all we do and encouraging different ideas for continual success and innovation. Additionally, we offer a wide range of benefits to meet the needs of our team members and their families.
- Flex Time Off or Paid Time/Sick Time Off
- 401K – 6% Employer Match
- Medical, Dental, Vision – HDHP or PPO
- HSA – Employer contribution (HDHP only)
- Volunteer Time Off
- Career Development / Recognition
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Hybrid Work Schedule
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, AssetMark is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.